Jul 8, 2010

Errantry’s Secret Garden – Chinsan Biking Trail: 200m from Errantry


For a city folk with a forty year metropolitan background, to slow down my pace, liberate from work, with deep relaxation of mind and body, is probably the best mentality while traveling in Hualien. A year has gone past since my migration from Taipei to Hualien, I am still fascinated by the variety of ways to tour Hualien. I hope to share with you today one of the routes that I highly recommend.



Are you an early bird? If the answer is yes, then you must ride with me on the Chinsan trail (Approximately 8km round trip) and Chuying trail (Approximately 6km). Arthur promises you the refreshing air will awake you from deep within.

Riding on the bicycle prepared for you, through the beautiful sceneries of Hualien, you shall hear the birds singing on the branches, smell the fragrant aroma of the blossoming flowers, and witness the green rice paddies and imposing mountain ranges.

I’ve taken Richard, a high school classmate of mine who has 2 Master degrees abroad, on these trails. This experience made him felt as if he was at New Zealand, lacking only cattle and sheep. Richard visited with his whole family for two nights, and he claimed that, perhaps is because that he loved biking, the dusk he rode with me is the most unforgettable experience of all.


In fact, this is how I begin my morning every day. Perhaps my biological clock has been set, by 5 A.M., I am off my bed as the birds begin to sing outside the window. With a brief warm up in the courtyard, I get on my bicycle and appreciate the time that I deemed a blessing from nature.

How far can I ride? That is never the question. In Hualien, a gift of nature, distance is never a problem. The question one should be asking is one’s vigor and endurance under the scorching sun. I would ride an hour, about 20km, every morning, and still find the heat acceptable. After a shower and a breakfast prepared by my lovely wife, I am revitalized to face a new day of challenge.

P.S. After finishing Chinsan biking trail (approximately 8km roundtrip) and Chuyin biking trail (6km roundtrip), if you still feel competent, at the end of Chuyin trail are two more parkways that will take your breath away (Approximiately 6km rountrip), and accumulate your total distance to 20km.

It is really a fabulous experience, hence I recommend it.



The most mesmerizing stretch of the ride: Chuyin trail.
Nanhua Village Bald Cypress Forest; Chuyin Biking Trail; Chuyin hydrophilic ecology park; Ji-an watercourse ecology Trail

It's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment