Jul 21, 2010

A Biking Trip at Dawn

 
5 a.m., an hour at dawn that normal people would not be awake, is the most beautiful hour to ride a bicycle in Hualien.

When Arthur recommended a bike ride 5 a.m. in the morning, frankly, I was a little nervous, since I was never an early bird. After listening to a friend told me her unforgettable biking experience at Errantry, I decided to pose a challenge to my lazy bones. Let’s ride a bicycle at 5 a.m.!

When 5 a.m. arrived, I tried so hard to show up on time at the courtyard of Errantry. My first surprise was the verdant greens of the mountain peaks stood tall before me, with clouds and mists lingering at the half-way. I began to awake deeply within. To a city dweller, this is a very luxurious morning call.


The second surprise was seeing Arthur appearing with a bike with 21 speeds. Although I was not a regular biker, but even I could tell that a equipment of this level would only be prepared by a bike lover. I was pleasantly surprised by Arthur’s attention to details, because that meant the subsequent biking experience would be much more enjoyable.







It’s time to go! Following behind Arthur, we turned into Chu-ying biking trail, the vast fields and endless mountain peaks rippled off into the distance emerged in front of my eyes, accompanied by the soft, gentle breeze, by then I was completely awakened.



The Central Mountain Range of Summer morning, had not a sense of impetuousness, exhibiting an ambiance beyond words. She rest in recumbence, let sunlight gently caress over her skin, let clouds and mists play hide and seek around her body. As she looked over the land and the insignificant me whom she nurtured, I felt no arrogance or superiority, but liked a gentle mother, open her arms and embraced me within her bosom, welcoming my return; she was a shy girl as well, facing my passionate gaze, with mists she veiled her face.



Riding on the biking trail, I felt a complex feeling; it felt as if the freshness from a sip of brisk fountains water, or the delightfulness and relaxation from a glass of mellow red wine.

The excellent bike performance had spared me, a person who rarely got on a bicycle, the fatigue from the trip. On the contrary, showered in the morning of Hualien, I could not restrain myself but to ride onwards. Many shared my thoughts. During the trip I’ve met numerous bikers who love the morning of Hualien. As we rode pass each other, a warm smile and a “morning” were exchanged, as if the Central Mountain Range linked the hearts of one another, allowing us to reveal the softer side of us without any conscious efforts.




It’s about time to return. On the way back to Errantry, there were many contradictions and reluctance, since I wanted to continue my indulgence in the embrace of the Central Mountain Range and share with all of my fellow friends; on the other hand, I felt the urge to conceal this addictive morning biking trip and keep it all to myself. Do you want to come and experience this most beautiful experience ever? Hush! Don’t tell too many people!


By Errantry’s guest, April

No comments:

Post a Comment